zondag 24 juli 2016

22 hours of flight, 5 hours of sleep (in a normal bed)

The day has come... I had to leave...

The hardest part of it all? Get my shit together to be honest... Whilst my best friend was helping me I was fighting against tears...
I felt like I was leaving everything behind for something I didn't know... 
A place I didn't know the people nor how they would be like...

So I started printing out my tickets and suddenly realised I couldn't check-in online... 
Panicked... Called my mom to see if I did something wrong... Looked it up again...
I had to leave... 23 o'clock in Belgium... I had to leave NOW!

Got everything together and left...
Sister, mother, father and best friend sitting in the car with me... Holding me...
I wanted to cry... To scream... But kept smiling... I needed to leave... I need a new horizon...
To see if I was right...

Got at AMS Schiphol... Checked in via a terminal and we had a coffee (beer for me to calm down the nerves a bit)
Went for a smoke or two and got my guts together to leave everyone...
Got in line and my backpack went into oblivion, only to resurface in Sydney Airport...
Kissed my parents and sister goodbey... Hugged and kissed my best friend... Told each other we won't forget us...
Whilst I was searching my gate I got back into the non-passenger zone...
I called them again and said they had to come to me... They still hate me for that one...

I kissed them a second time and whilst they were crying... I sucked it all back in and left... Not turning around 'till I was halfway and turning back around when on the stairs... 

After that... Everything is a haze... No tears... Just my stomach turning around every single step I took... For the record... I love every single person that wanted to say goodbey to me... Who understood why I had to leave... As for the people I left behind that declined saying goodbey and think I'm leaving them... That is the reason why I'm leaving... As I'm walking I know that I'll be back... Belgium is my home... Can't change that... But I can't tell how long I'll be on the road...

To continue my story... Got on my first flight... Fell asleep before the security bla bla bla was done :)
Woke up when we landed... I was knacked...

Second flight didn't go without that easily... I couldn't check in that easily into the flight so I had to start looking for the check-in... Finally got it (after a half hour of walking twice around in Heathrow) and got into the line... Whilst the guy was checking me in, computer froze, he called upon his supervisor, this went on for about an half hour. He finally got me into the list and whilst we were both waiting we started talking about Italy and Chinque Terre... How beautifull it is... Said him goodbey and got into the passenger zone... Only to stumble upon a place with Panini's, of course... Italian... Got myself a little panini and a Peroni beer... Whilst sitting there and chatting with some people on WhatsApp and Messenger, they start asking my opinion... The people of the bar and I started talking to them. They didn't know I understand Italian, what made it only funnier as longer the conversation continued. When I said them my goodbeys, I did this of course in Italian. Last thing I heard coming out of the mouth of one of the bartenders (F) "Porca Putana"... 

I did a tour of the airport... Got a magnificent view of Heathrow Airport and didn't understand why I was the only one to stumble upon this, whilst it was made for people like me (tourists)...
Got back down... Chatted with my mon on Skype and decided it was time for me to get a nap... Slept for a little hour and went for a smoke, just in time to start boarding... 
Got on the flight, and what a flight... 12 hours of flight with a connection of 30 minutes before parting.
They skipped me a couple of times because I was sleeping during dinner and they couldn't wake me (surprise there no?)

I got off the plane, every joint in my body aching and went for a smoke... Whilst all the others were checking in, I was getting a nicotine rush from the first smoke in 12 hours...
Got into the line afterwards, they took my visa and wrote down the number. I still have no idea why. The haircut?
finally on the last flight... This was it... Every movie couldn't keep my excitement at bay... Every time I looked at my phone the minutes ticked away at a slow pace... I was sicked to get somewhere unknown... Finally fell back asleep... When I woke up I felt the plane descending...

Finally got onto Australia soil... Now comes the hard part... Get into Australia... Got my sheet...Filled it in and got in line... half an hour later and I got into Australia... Finally...

Called my parents and my best friend... And of course my little sister... 
Gave everyone my love and got into a cab... Finally at my hotel... Got my key and installed myself a little bit into the chilly room...

Stood up, got my guts together and let the night beast in myself go... Went for a walk across Sydney... Talked to someone in the sailor harbor of Australia and got to the Botanic Gardens of Sydney... 
Got across some Australian night beasties, said them goodnight, have fun, and went back to my bed...

Got into my room... Took me long enough to fall asleep and 5 hours later I got up...
Went downstairs to get a coffee and see what I could eat... After a banana bread and a small coffee, got myself a fanta, had a long chat with the hotel chief and finished my blog for today... 

G'day mate (first words the australian border officer said to me) :)

Ja Ellen, ik weet het... Men puntjes zijn ambetant :p 

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Niet alleen je puntjes, maar ook je 'goodbey'! *Goodbye :) #GrammerNazi
    Mooi geschreven, wat een avontuur! Enjoy 'mate'!

    Uw puntjes zijn trouwens niet zo irritant, ik bedoelde in een boek of bij poëzie dat die irritant zijn :p

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Denk dat er andere mensen veel meer fouten maken he kleintje :)

      Thx for the support!

      Verwijderen
    2. Deze reactie is verwijderd door de auteur.

      Verwijderen